Memo to readers

Hi everyone. Thank you for supporting me throughout the years. I so sorry that I did not update my blogs for several years due to some major events happened in my life. I will start transfer all the contents to a whole new blog called Student Study Notes.

I hope you will support me continuously and subscribe, follow my new blog Student Study Notes. This will motivate me to create quality contents to benefit every one of us. Thank you!


4th Feb 2021

Thursday 1 October 2015

SPM Biology 10 Transport (Part 3)

SPM Biology 10 Transport - Leukocyte

Composition of human blood
Leukocyte (white blood cell)
1. Has a nucleus.
2. Has no fixed shape.
3. Larger size than erythrocyte.
4. The number of leukocytes in the blood is < than erythrocytes.
5. Function of leukocyte: to protect the body from diseases.
6. There are 2 types of leukocytes:

  • Granulocyte
  • Agranulocyte
Leukocytes
Leukocytes
Granulocyte (granular cytoplasm)
1. Have granules in the cytoplasm.
2. Have lobed nucleus.
3. Are formed in red bone marrow.
4. There are 3 types of granulocytes:
  • Neutrophil
  • Eosinophil
  • Basophil
5. Neutrophils are phagocytes which carry out phagocytosis to engulf and digest invading bacteria.
6. Eosinophils function in regulation the allergic responses.
7. Basophils produce heparin which prevents the blood from clotting.

Agranulocytes (nongranular cytoplasm)
1. Have no granules in the cytoplasm.
2. There are 2 types of agranulocytes:
  • Lymphocytes
  • Monocytes
3. Lymphocytes have a large spherical nucleus with little cytoplasm. They are formed in the lymph nodes of the lymphatic system. They produce antibodies to protect the body against diseases.
4. Monocytes has a kidney-shaped nucleus. They are formed in the bone marrow. They are phagocytes which carry out phogocytosis.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...